Our Workforce

tyler_-107.jpeg

Tyler’s economy is diverse, and the area offers abundant low-cost labor, land, and buildings. Our educational institutions work closely with our businesses to ensure students learn the right skills to fill companies’ needs. There are also multiple reskilling and up-skilling programs for employees needing those services. 

4.2%
Unemployment Rate
322,567
Tyler Laborshed
17%
Bilingual Workforce
chef eric schlicht at prime 102
employee working at trane factory
cashier at salem vintage giving customer a shopping bag
112,520
Smith County Labor Force

As of 2019, 64.1% of Smith County workers live in Smith County. The remaining 35.9% of workers live in the surrounding counties and commute to Tyler daily. Companies can also draw on employees from the surrounding East Texas region, as most residents are accustomed to traveling to Tyler for shopping, dining, educational, and medical needs.